Friday, December 19, 2008

A night of revelry

Sometimes people tell me things but all the dots don't connect very well. And sometimes that leads to some pretty exciting news.

Like tonight.

My last deadline for the year passed 19 minutes ago. I got the article turned in on time after having NO sources for it less than 4 hours ago. But it's done so it's done.

Just as I'm doing some last minute tidying on my desk (it needs more than a minute but still) DH pops his head round the studio door and says "Okay, we're out of here."

Um...bye?

Turns out (and he did tell me this) he's taking the kids for supper and Christmas shopping tonight. What does this mean for me?

TIME IN AN EMPTY HOUSE!! Whew! The possibilities boggle the mind! I could catch up on some baking, write Christmas cards (BTW, they aren't in the mail yet so don't hold your breath), clean, dance around in my fuzzy snowflake socks, paint, catch up on banking (nothing like the Christmas season for not having a clue how much money you have), sew (making costumes seems to have awakened some old demons) or just sit and stare at the wall in a stupor for awhile (although that would be a shameful waste).

I think I'm going to start with quiche and herbal tea for supper, my Go Fish Christmas CD (great rendition of Little Drummer Boy) and then see what notion strikes next.

I'm off to fritter away some time...

While I do that, here's one of my favorite Christmas songs. You know, not counting the ones about Jesus birth and stuff.



Ta.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I certainly hope there was some dancing in fuzzy snowflake socks that took place, as well as some staring at a wall. That's important stuff.

vjc said...

Well, I danced to Go Fish while I vacuumed. It was sort of a responsible kind if frittering. And I guess I must have stared at walls at some point because I noticed some spots where the paint needs touching up. That goes on the New Year's list.