Tuesday, July 7, 2009

People I like

I realized yesterday there are a lot of people that I like but that I will probably never meet. So here is my note of appreciation to them:

I like the guy that empties the yard bin every other week.

I like the people that put away carts left sitting around in parking lots (especially when it's people that don't even work there).

I like the people that post their photos online as public domain.

I like the lady I saw walking down the street with big pink daisies on her hat.

I like the people that design journal covers.

I like people that volunteer at the SPCA.

I like the truck driver that honks his horn when little kids give him the pump arm motion.

I like people brave enough to stop at lemonade stands.

I like the chef at Antonio's that makes such yummy gnocchi.

I like the All State guy with the great voice.

I like all the people involved in making mini-frozen cream puffs.

I like teenage boys that are willing to play with younger kids. Or old ladies.

I like the person that invented rumble strips for road shoulders.

I like painters. The kind that wear spattered overalls.

I like bit actors. The ones that wander through the background and manage to look like they really are part of the background.

I like teachers that use funny stamps when grading papers.

I like lampshade designers. (Or feel sorry for them, not entirely sure there.)

I like the people that clean libraries.

And chances are really good, I like you.

(Unless, of course, something you've done compels me to write a "People I'm not crazy about" list.)

1 comment:

Patti said...

I like your list.

(Except the rumble strip part. Spike thinks it's fun to drift across to it over and over again while I sleep in the car.)

And I like you!