Guess who's birthday it is today?Yep - Agatha Christie's!!
Now, as SG so rightly pointed out, the Queen of Crime is probably not celebrating too much so it falls to the rest of us to do it for her. And one of the places I found is a "How Well Do You Know Agatha Christie" quiz. I only got 8 out of 11. I had to guess at the number of cups of tea she drank.
Apparently, she's such a prolific writer that she'll still be publishing a couple new stories after she's dead. (More details here and here.)
Can you believe she did all that in longhand and on a manual typewriter? She must have had wrists of steel. Or a secretary. With wrists of steel.I read my first Agatha Christie story many moons ago when I had run out of things to do while babysitting on a goat farm (I wasn't baby sitting the goats, mind you. It was a different sort of kid.) I pulled And Then There Were None
In the meantime, it's actually Agatha Christie WEEK, so dig out a classic and celebrate with a little murder and mayhem!

No comments:
Post a Comment