I was out yesterday doing some errands and this might seem vain but it seemed I was getting more second looks than usual. It surprised me a little (particularly since I wasn't exactly feeling I looked my best) but as I went through a couple more stores, I became more and more convinced, people were looking at me. And usually with that sort of hint of a smile around the eyes that suggests you should be recognizing them.
It was getting a little unnerving.
So I finally made it through my last stop at a very crowded building - people half catching my eye and giving me that small smile - and headed for the car, thinking that, well, I guess I'd had my 15 minutes in the limelight. And then I saw my reflection in the car window.
I had a small beetle in my hair.
There's really not much to say after realizing that...
Seeking Test Audience for My Latest Novel
-
Love to read? How would you like to participate in a "test audience" for my
latest novel? I'm looking for a group of readers willing to read my
unpublished...
13 years ago

1 comment:
I love it. I've had a ladybug crawling around my office all week. I don't have the heart to kill it.
Post a Comment