Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hold on to your hats!

It has been "Toto-hang-on-tight!" windy here lately. Driving down the street is a discovery as we look for who's fence blew over in the night. And since I've gone to a short hair cut (not exactly on purpose), the only remedy for having my eyebrows raised as the wind threatens to pull my hair off is to cram a hat on and hope it stays.

But I learned some interesting things.

1. We don't have hurricanes on the west coast. We just call it "seasonal weather."

2. It turns out I can swing as hard as I want on my garden swing. It swings high enough to clear the cement retaining wall behind it.

3. Some trees flex better than others.

4. Raking our lawn really isn't completely necessary. We just need to learn to wait and then let the neighbor(s) downwind rake them for us.

5. Extra garden bricks and/or rocks are useful as well as occasionally decorative.

6. Our 5' x 6' kiddie pool is actually capable of becoming air born. ("Hey, just rake that up for me, would ya?")

No comments: