I celebrated another birthday an indeterminate number of days ago, and one of my children topped off the day by informing me, "You're only 9 years away from being old, Mom."
Ha! I'm way further than that from being old.
Right?
Then this morning I discovered that my routine has gotten a little more solidified these days.
*I like a certain type of spoon for my breakfast cereal and will dig through the drawer/dishwasher to find it.
*I have an optimal "milk moment" for that same cereal - when it's not too crunchy any more but not yet approaching soggy.
*I prefer when the comics and crossword are on the back page of a newspaper section and not hidden in the middle where it's harder to find and fold to my specifications. And if it's hidden for too many days in a row, I get a little testy.
*The shower can be before or after breakfast, but preferably not before 7am or after 9am (the beauty of being a writer is that I can choose to work in my PJs if I want to, but I've found there's a limit to the amount of warm fuzzy my brain can take before it just wants to sleep again.)
*I do have at least a fleeting thought about comfortable shoes each morning. Don't always give in but there's mental math sometimes about # of hours on feet x type of activity x chances to rest - is this a place I can kick my shoes off if need be + what lingering effects I might be feeling after yesterday's shoes ...
The good news is I'm still pretty flexible after 9 am. But maybe I should start writing these things down so the kids have the list ready for the home.
When it's time, of course. Because I'm not old yet.
Seeking Test Audience for My Latest Novel
-
Love to read? How would you like to participate in a "test audience" for my
latest novel? I'm looking for a group of readers willing to read my
unpublished...
13 years ago

1 comment:
I have the same math calculations regarding footwear.
I also have winter-specific math calculations to work out warmth vs. style.
Post a Comment