But I digress.
So someone in the family (won't say who but he's over 5' 10") got the bright idea to get a Wii. "There's sports games and exercise programs and don't forget Wii Fit. It'll be great to keep us active when it's raining all winter and we can't ride."
What do I know about Wii?
There's a website for people that have hurt themselves playing Wii. There are categories of injuries you can inflict with a Wii. There are doctors around the globe worried about Wii-related injuries. And they have a cute commercial. No one sporting bruises at all.
So being the informed consumer that I am, what do I say?
"Okay."
After all, what kind of maroon do you have to be to hurt yourself playing a video game?
Apparently my kind. (Is it spelled "dorque" in Canada?)
Turns out I'm not a very good cow racer (just about leaned off the chair) and my golf game's not good either (bent a fingernail. Don't laugh - that hurts!) And as if the Wii-tennis-strained elbow and the obscure-but-somehow-related-to-Wii-bowling muscle at the back of my right arm weren't enough, for Christmas we added Dance Dance Revolution to the mix.
So now I'm limping (but only slightly) after that last jump on "I Want Candy" proved to be my undoing.
But, hey, I burned 100 calories.
Great idea, hon.

3 comments:
We got an Xbox. Harder to injure yourself. :)
Happy New Year!
What no pictures of you guys jumping up and down??
Hehe, I am highly jealous!
Well, the camera kept jiggling...
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment