But because it is the beginning of summer vacation and because I don't have the day off to loll around like some people, I declared today "Rot Your Brain Day." Yep, contrary to every bit of parenting advice, today there is no limit to screen time - video, computer, TV, hand held games - it's all good. (At least until 6 o'clock. I'm still a mom after all.) It was amazing the spontaneous shows of affection that erupted after my announcement at supper last night. And even more amazing is the silence in my house today.
I expect them all to be cross-eyed and cranky by the end of the day, but at this point...totally worth it.

2 comments:
hehehe! Hope it was fun for mom too :)
Julie
*who is trying to wrap her head around the idea of her boys being out of school already..and is secretly pleased they are not :)*
"rot your brain day" - i love it!
Post a Comment