I visited the optometrist today (just a routine blinding). And as part of the many things they check on, they want to test your peripheral vision. So the young woman doing the test says to me "I want you to look directly at my nose. Tell me when you see the ball (a florist pin stuck on a bit of dowel) come into sight. Remember to watch my nose."
Now I don't have a horrible nose. (Even though one of my little darlin's once told me I have a nose like a Clydesdale horse. ) Neither did the young woman I was staring at. But there are decidedly cuter noses than ours wandering around the planet.
I would personally classify my nose as a triumph of function over form. And I would venture to guess (based on a comprehensive survey of 5 of my closest friends) that 80% of women don't consider their nose their best feature. So any job that directs people to stare at it?
Scratch another career choice.

1 comment:
My optometrist used to breathe loudly through his mildly plugged nose as he leaned in closely to look at my eyes. He had a moustache too. And as he slowly turned his head back and forth, breathing heavily, I would desperately be trying not to giggle.
Happy Canada Day to you!!!
Post a Comment