Eggplants look more beautiful than they taste. A lot more beautiful than they taste.
Radishes - please! This is the only one that was edible.My garden-grown peppers were pretty sad this year. Even with the extra TLC, I'd have to have a half acre plot of pepper plants to produce enough of them. In four months, we had enough peppers for ONE meal. (Two if you count Italian grilled veggies.)
Green beans are good fresh - very fresh. And we had more than we'd planned this year because apparently the yellow bean package also had green beans in it.
The type of pea we planted this year had beautiful flowers. Mediocre peas though.Cucumbers don't like hanging out in the same garden as the tomatoes.
The tomatoes are garden bullies. Shoving other plants around, hogging the water - that sort of thing. But the little orange ones are totally worth it.
Carrots are still in the ground. Only about 6 grew so I hope they turn out better than last year.
They say there are "winter" vegetables here but quite frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Especially for cabbage.
If I could get parsnips to grow though - now that might tempt me ...

No comments:
Post a Comment