How do they know that?
Who sent the memo? And why does it matter? I mean, are they going to try to call off spring? Will they jump out in their white coats, wave their arms frantically and watch nature grind to a halt and then withdraw shame-faced because of their early cue? Do they want her to try again in the hopes of getting an 8.5 from the German judge this time?
I have my doubts.
So while they fret over the date, I've got daffodils, crocuses, irises, tulips and primroses starting their show and I think I'm ready.

1 comment:
"Will they jump out in their white coats, wave their arms frantically and watch nature grind to a halt and then withdraw shame-faced because of their early cue? Do they want her to try again in the hopes of getting an 8.5 from the German judge this time?"
That bit of writing, right there, gets a perfect score from me!
I want to complain, having just shovelled snow last night, but since it's the first time this season I had to do it (and only the 2nd time it had to be done at all), I will grant you your early spring without complaining.
Post a Comment