Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Christmas sketch


No, no, it's not a script for a short dramatic scene. But between an art exhibit and a drama, I am caught (tangled, snarled, twisted, swamped) in Christmas. I listened to carols today while seamstresses worked their magic, framed some Christmas art, and even carried bags of fake snow around. All this on a gorgeous fall day!

So to finish the day I finally got inspired. (Took long enough.) There's a canvas that's been sitting in my studio, waiting patiently to become something fun and fabulous. I painted a border on last year sometime and then stalled there. Big time.

But I think I finally got it and tonight I drummed up a sketch of what I want.

Inspiring, isn't it?

Okay, maybe not yet but stay tuned and let's see if it becomes everything I want it to be. I'm actually irrationally excited about this candy cane.

Of course, that might have something to do with the combo of hot chocolate and Swiss chocolate that DH just brought me...

No comments: