Friday, November 7, 2008

Hats off to...

I was teaching again today and it was the end of the week and I was near the end of my energy. I'm feeling alright but still get that lead-boot feeling towards the end of the day. So while the students were out at recess, I readied the room for our next activity and then sat down ("plunked" might be more accurate) to rest a bit.

The host teacher walked in, I sat up straight and we chatted awhile. Very pleasant man that seems to really enjoy his work. Then he reached into his desk and asked "Would you like a cookie?"

Oh, okay.

It wasn't just a cookie. It was a small pack with TWO Harry and David's melt-in-your-mouth fruit-filled gallettes. I thanked him and as I was savoring the yummy confection, he went to collect his class. As he left, he tossed over his shoulder, "You looked like maybe you needed a pick-me-up."

I don't know which was sweeter: the cookie or the concern.

So today it's hats off to Mr. Snyder and everyone else that understands the value of a cookie.

1 comment: