Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's your color IQ?

Today's topic is
Color Perception

Artistically, I need to understand how colors work together. Professionally, my color-sight (the way my eye and brain process color) will affect any art I produce. And don't get me started on the "individual monitors will vary" thing. I usually work on dual flat screens (one's in the shop right now) and even though they are identical monitors, I have a photo-favorite for color editing.

Personally, as a woman with bouts of vanity - or self-consciousness, depending on the day - I know what colors I like to wear. I know which colors are my favorites to look at (orange and deep blues). I know which colors can lift my mood (love the amber-tinted sunglasses) or make me feel slightly nauseous (did you know there are several distinct ways that people pronounce "mauve"?)

Here's a link a friend sent me to a color IQ quiz that tests your hue perception abilities. It's fun and you can compare your score to your age/gender demographic if you are a competitive sort of person:

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

I got an 11. How did you do? (Not that I'm competitive or anything...)

2 comments:

Violet N. said...

What fun! Well, you sure beat me. I got 32... but the highest score in my age range is 1400+ so I'm not the worst at any rate!

Nice blog :)

Patti said...

I got 18.

Thought it was good, until I saw that a perfect score is 0.